THE GARDEN CLUBS OF MISSISSIPPI, INC.
FALL DISTRICT MEETINGS, SEPTEMBER 2017
9:00 a.m. Registration and Coffee
10:00 a.m. Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
If you need tables and/or display space for exhibits, please call or e-mail Registrar for the meeting.
Scroll down for each district’s meeting details.
SEPT. 19 SOUTHERN PINES DISTRICT MEETING
SEPT. 20 NATCHEZ TRACE DISTRICT MEETING
SEPT. 21 SPANISH TRAIL DISTRICT MEETING
SEPT. 26 TOMBIGBEE VALLEY DISTRICT MEETING
SEPT. 27 HILLS AND DELTA DISTRICT MEETING
SEPT. 28 RIVER ROAD DISTRICT MEETING
SOUTHERN PINES – Tuesday, September 19
Host Club: Union Home & Garden Club
Location: First Presbyterian Church, 804 E. Jackson, Union, MS 39365
Cost: $20.00, Registration and Lunch
Send reservations by August 31 to Nancy B. Moore, P. O. Box 116, Decatur, MS 39327 (checks payable to Union Home & GC). Include name of club on check.
- From I-20, turn at Newton on Hwy 15 North, approx. 19 miles to Union. Turn left at 4-way stop on Jackson Rd, approx. ¾ mile to church on left.
- From Philadelphia – Hwy 15 South, approx. 20 miles, turn right at 4-way stop onto Jackson Rd.; approx. ¾ mile to church on left.
NATCHEZ TRACE – Wednesday, September 20
Host Club: McComb Garden Club
Location: Fernwood Country Club Rd., 2023 Country Club Rd., McComb, MS
Cost: $25.00, Registration and Lunch
Send reservations by September 11 to Debbie Howell, P. O. Box 1486, McComb, MS 39649, firstname.lastname@example.org (checks payable to McComb Garden Club). Include name of club on check.
Display space availability & information, contact: Laurie Calhoun, 601-248-8540, email@example.com; Carla Stringer, 601-303-7198, firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions: Take I-55 North/South from your area toward McComb. Take the Fernwood Exit 13; turn east on Fernwood Airport Rd.. and follow for 1.2 miles. Turn right on Country Club Rd. and follow for 0.8 miles. At the stop sign, turn left and the Clubhouse is straight ahead.
SPANISH TRAIL – Thursday, September 21
Host Club: Bay St. Louis – Waveland Garden Club
Location: Main Street United Methodist Church, 162 Main St., Bay St. Louis, MS 39520
Cost: $25.00, Registration and lunch
Send reservations by September 11 to Dianne Stechmann, 299 Huckleberry Rd., Bay St. Louis, MS 39520, 228-222-1872, email@example.com (checks payable to Bay-Waveland Garden Club). Include name of garden club on check.
For display space, contact Darlene Underwood, 228-216-1366, firstname.lastname@example.org
- I-10 West: Take Hwy 603 South 5 miles to Hwy 90. Turn East (left), driving to North Beach Blvd. at foot of Bay of St. Louis Bridge. Turn South (right) onto N. Beach Blvd. to Main St. Turn West onto Main St. Church is at corner of Main and Second Sts.
- Highway 90 West: Cross Bay of St. Louis Bridge. Turn South (left) onto N. Beach Blvd. at Main St., turn West (right). Church is at Corner of Main and Second Streets.
TOMBIGBEE VALLEY – Tuesday, September 26
Host Club: New Albany, Historic Northside District, Dogwood Hills Garden Clubs
Location: Union County Historical Museum, 114 Cleveland St., New Albany, MS
Cost: $25.00, Registration and Lunch
Send reservations by September 12 to Gloria Cooper, 708 East Shady Lane, New Albany, MS 38652, 662-539-1333, email@example.com (checks payable to New Albany GC). Include name of club on check.
Directions: From I-22 (HWY 78), take exit 64 (Ripley/Pontotoc exit). Go north towards Ripley. At 4th red light, turn left onto Highland St.; take 1st right onto Garfield St.; take 1st left onto Cleveland St. Continue on Cleveland for ½ mile Museum is on the left.
HILLS & DELTA – Wednesday, September 27
Host Club: Charleston’s Magnolia Garden Club
Location: First Presbyterian Church, 201 East Gay St., Charleston, MS
Cost: $ 20.00, Registration and Lunch
Send reservations by September 20 to Marline Carpenter, 3670 Hwy 35 N, Charleston, MS 38921, 662-647-5429 (checks payable to Charleston’s Magnolia Garden Club). Include name of club on check.
For Display Space, contact Carol Bullard, 662-561-2348
Lunch Program: “What’s Bugging You May Not Be Bugging Me !!” by Stacy Blomquist, Entomologist
- From I-55, Exit 227 Oakland/Water Valley. Go West on Hwy 32 for 12 miles; turn right on N. Vine St., take left onto E. Gay St. Church is on right, parking behind church.
- From Hwy 49: travel east on Hwy 32 for 16.8 miles towards Charleston. At 3-Way Stop (3-Way Restaurant) turn left onto Hwy 32/35. Turn right onto Hwy/32 West Main, go through Town Square, take a left on N Vine St.; take a left onto E. Gay St. Church is on right, parking behind.
RIVER ROAD – Thursday, September 28
Host Club: Canton Garden Club
Location: Canton Parks & Recreation Center, 501 Soldier Colony Rd., Canton, MS 39046
Cost: $25.00, Registration and Lunch.
Send reservations by September 12 to Rose Bradberry, 110 Twin Cedars Lane, Canton, MS 39046, 601-613-9411 (check made to Canton Garden Club). Include name of club on check.
- Northbound I-55, Exit 118B. Take ramp right and follow signs for West Nissan Parkway. Turn right onto Watford Parkway Dr.; turn right onto Soldier Colony Rd. Destination on right.
- Southbound Exit 118B. Take ramp right for West Nissan Parkway toward hospital/Mississippi State University. Turn right on Watford Parkway Dr. Turn right onto Soldier Colony Road. Destination on right.